Living with depression
Living with depression can sometimes be debilitating. You may have days where all you want to do is sleep all day and not wanting to do anything. which can make it hard to be motivated to get up and do things. that has seriously happened to me in the past few days where i just want to sleep all day and avoid any kind of human contact. I even was too depressed to even go back to work on sunday. even now it took motivation to get up and do things that were important to me.for example i have missed an appointment with my doctor cause i was so tired that i slept through my appointment, however, i did have the motivation to get up and go to my interview. Which, i believe that i nailed and will be hired by that company and work with special needs kids which is my passion and would love to do all day every day.In order to get up and go and do things when you are depressed you need to have some motivation to get up and go. like trying to get up and walk around and get exercise or the motivation to go to work like saying that you need the money to get something that you like.
10 common symptoms of depression
- Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness: having a bleak outlook like feeling like nothing ever is going to get better in your life.
- loss of interest in daily activities: you dont care anymore about former hobbies, social activities and even sex
- Appetite or weight changes: significant weight loss or weight gain.
- sleep changes: either having insomnia especially in the early hours of the morning. or over sleeping
- anger or irritability: feeling agitated ,restless or even violent. your tolerance level is low, your temper short and everything and everyone gets on your nerves.
- Loss of energy: feeling fatigued, sluggish and physically drained. your whole body may feel heavy and even small tasks are exhausting or take longer to complete.
- Self loathing. strong feelings of worthlessness or guilt, you harshly criticize yourself or perceived faults and mistakes.
- Reckless behavior. you engage in escapist behavior such as substance abuse, compulsive gambling, reckless driving, or dangerous sports. this symptom right here reinforces my previous post about people abusing and drugs and alcohol that have a mental illness.
- Concentration problems. trouble focusing, making decisions, or remembering things
- unexplained aches and pains. An increase in physical complaints such as headaches, back pain, aching muscles and stomach pain.
I have had almost all of those symptoms. If you think you have had these symptoms and think that you may have depression I urge you to seek professional help. If you think you can not afford professional help you are wrong. the website www.betterhelp.com can match you to a therapist that will be glad to help you out with your depression. If you are having feelings or thoughts of suicide. please call the suicide hotline at 18002738255.
One of the things that i find that work to soften your anxiety or depression is aromatherapy or even trying to pamper yourself. what i use twas go to bath and body workss and get scented candles like vanilla and eucalyptus and even lavender. I would take a relaxing scented bubble bath to relax and relieve my anxiety and depression.
Do you love free stuff?
subscribe to my email list and get free stuff to help cope with your mental illness!!!!!