Taking care of yourself
taking care of yourself mentally and emotionally is very important especially if you are suffering from a mental illness. For example, depression and anxiety. Taking care of yourself may seem like a huge undertaking, so just take it step by step and day by day. In order to take care of others in your life, you first need to take care of yourself first. How can you take care of others if you can’t even take care of yourself?
steps to take care of yourself
- exercise. You don’t need to get a gym membership. Take a walk outside, play a sport.
- Yoga: you can do yoga at home. there are apps that help you. You can even by DVDs.
- meditate and ground yourself.
- write down your emotions, fears, and worries in a journal, writing in a journal helps relieve all your anxiety
- go outside and get some fresh air. staying at home will only make your anxiety worse because you’re not doing anything and your mind will start telling all of your fears and worries.
- Most importantly seek professional help, if you are having suicidal idealizations PLEASE call the suicide hotline 1800-273-8255
on a side note I have activities to help with your anxiety.
resource library and ways to calm down from anxiety
Do you love free stuff?
subscribe to my email list and get free stuff to help cope with your mental illness!!!!!